Sunday, June 12, 2011

Flaming Cupcakes for Pentecost!





For our celebration of Pentecost today I made Tongues of Fire Cupcakes. I came up with the idea when I made these flower cupcakes for Mother's Day a few months back. I thought the "petals" could look like flames of fire if you arranged them a little differently on the cupcake. 

For this all you'll need is frosted cupcakes, mini marshmallows cut in half diagonally and red and/or orange colored sugar. Arrange the marshmallows dipped in colored sugar around the cupcake so they point upward. Go around the cupcake twice. Then for the middle put another dollop of frosting and three more halved marshmallows dipped in colored sugar. My kids thought these were very cool.




Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.



Happy Birthday, Mother Church!
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. What fantastic cupcakes, Kelly!! They are perfect for Pentecost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Kelly! Very clever:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kelly, these are wonderful!!!

    Wow, with all this lice stuff....I've just not had time to look for ideas or do them!!!

    We couldn't even go to Mass because of fear of spreading this!!!

    There's always next year!
    (I did get my baby cupcakes done though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, I loved this! I took your idea and modified it a bit by adding food color to the marshmallows before adding them to the cupcake. I also used a two-tone frosting and piped it out in little "flames" for extra impact. Linked back to your original here - thanks! http://enterundermyroof.blogspot.com/2013/04/recipe-pentecost-flaming-cupcakes.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly, I tried them too this weekend for my class. My students loved it! Thank you for sharing your ideas with us.
    God bless.

    http://rosarymom.blogspot.com/2013/04/pentecost-dessert.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to surprise our priest with these cup cakes...I am hoping to make enough for the Saturday Vigil Mass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to make this for Pentecost Sunday...can't wait. I truly love this blog--God bless you for sharing these wonderful recipes and ideas.

    ReplyDelete